Kevin Carpette Post-Essay Reflection

Course Description Forums Reflection on Inquiry Based Research Essay Kevin Carpette Post-Essay Reflection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Kevin Carpette
    Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>Kevin Carpette</span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>4/9/2019  </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>For my research essay, my intended audience was those who support the Black Lives Matter movement, those who oppose it, and active members in the organization. My audience will find certain things they can agree on and things they disagree on. My audience also includes those who are curious about joining the movement and wondering about the kind of impact it has on the black community.  They are curious about the benefits the movement has. For my research, I attended the March Against Racism and Fascism and made observations about it. I took pictures and recorded videos from the guest speakers. I l also conducted an interview with the president of the Black Lives Matter-Greater New York, Hawk Newsome. I found details about the event through the official Facebook page and the Black Lives Matter movement was endorsed. For the rest of my sources, I used the library databases and found articles and journals. In my peer review, I learned that my research essay should be in the same genre as my model essay. I tried to make a comparison between the Civil Rights Movement and the Black Lives Matter movement. I also had to make transitions as well. The ideas I made the ideas found in my sources are pretty similar. They both have something to do with the kind of impact the Black Lives Matter movement has made toward the black community. For my drafting process,it was not difficult. I was able to improve on some of the issues I had in grammar. I was able to include some references to the Civil Rights Movement and its differences with the Black Lives Matter movement.</span>

Gabriela Castro
    Participant

You summarized and address all the questions in the post reflection essay. However, I believe to make your post reflection stronger you should include some examples on how you found your other sources like the journals etc. Maybe include how you formatted your question, as well as your model essay. How did your model essay influenced the format of your writing/ drafting. Moreover, perhaps explain more in depth the drafting process and in general provide examples to prove your statements. Also mention what did you learn about this process, and how this influenced your writing and knowledge. Has it changed? Does it remain the same?

Tom Peele
    Keymaster

Hi Kevin,

This is a good start. As you continue to develop this, keep in mind the individual aspects of the reflection that you can describe. We did a lot of different peer review activities, for example, and we talked about drafting a lot. Be expansive here — include everything that you can think of.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.