Genre 4

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Annie Le
    Participant

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>After completing this assignment, there were a couple things that I have learned but there were also other things that I became more conscious about throughout my paper. There were a lot of things that I have learned in the past and forgot about so this process was definitely a refresher for me. </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>In the beginning when I had to choose a topic, I automatically knew I would be writing about anything in relation animals. I did search up some other social issues but none of those topics interested me as much as animal rights did. I knew a good amount about animal rights, but then I had to narrow my topic down, so I decided to talk about animal captivity and whether or not it affects an animal psychologically and physically. </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>The audience for my paper is animal rights advocates. It was written for those who support the welfare of animals and are against cruelty and misuse of animals but aren’t actively involved. My audience has a significant impact on the way I wrote my paper, the way I structured it, my language and tone. For example, my paper was very informative. I had to inform and argue that zoos and aquariums are not what they seem to be and how animals suffer in those places. I also had to end my paper with a call to action because as I previously stated, animal rights advocates arent actively involved so was my way of telling animal rights advocates that they don’t have to do much to be apart of the animal rights movements. </span>

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>My drafting process really made me conscious of things I had never noticed before and it refreshed my mind about some literary rules I have learned years ago. At first I listed out all of the possible options I could have written my paper on and then I chose the one that interested me the most and the one I knew most about. After I finalized my topic and research question I did my research and I found a way to synthesize what all of these articles were saying and my ideas too. It honestly wasn’t hard for me to make connections in this paper. I just started writing and after I finished I would re-read it then switch some sections around to try to make the essay flow nicely and synthesize. I purposely looked for articles that supported my ideas. I also looked at my model essay and I looked at how they broke it up into sections and how they structured it and I tried to do something similar. The interview process was the most interesting for me because I didn’t think I would even get an interview or a reply back. It was really exciting for me when they answered my email. The peer reviews I did in class were really helpful  because they helped me with things like how to cite a tweet and simple things like having a title. After my first draft, i worked more on my paper and I looked out for things i had never noticed before such as comma splices and I looked out for minor accidents such as using a possessive fom of a word when it shouldn’t be used. I also had my friend re read my paper several times after I finished and i asked for his input and to make sure my grammar, punctuation and my paper overall was great. </span>

Xiao Lin Wang
    Participant

You mention that your writing was very informative, which is true. However, don’t forget to include that it was persuasive because you did have a stance and utilized evidence to support your stance.

Tom Peele
    Keymaster

This is a good draft, Annie. Remember that it asks you to identify an audience (as opposed to describing the audience you identified and addressed in the essay itself). Develop your examples as much as you can–what else did you discover in peer review? How did you go about findings articles that supported your point? I apply this kind of expansive thinking to the other subjects in your essay.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.