Genre #4, Post-essay Reflection

Course Description Forums Reflection on Inquiry Based Research Essay Genre #4, Post-essay Reflection

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

<span style=”font-weight: 400;”>It was my endeavor to try to gear my inquiry-based essay towards an audience of researchers, any person that partakes in researching any issues in American society, or simply anyone interested in gun violence prevention. My target audience played a big role in the way I wrote my essay, in terms of genre, language, and tone. I attempted to give my topic an approach a researcher would by introducing a main question, and then analyzing information from credible sources that would allow me to draw a conclusion. The practices we did in class proved to helpful when writing my paper. The peer-review helped me by allowing a classmate to look at my work and give a different perspective on what I could do to improve, the research was a critical part of this assignment as without it there would be no essay. As for the synthesis, I made connections between the many sources I reviewed towards the end of my writing at my conclusion to justify my interpretation of the information I analyzed. On my drafting process, I made sure that the citations from my sources were correct and would fit the purpose of my writing, and created an outline of citations to then do my analysis, so that when I had to write the final version of my essay I already understood my content and knew what conclusions I could have drawn from the sources. One part of this assignment that I am disillusioned about was not being able to create my own content and getting an interview with the organization I contacted (multiple times) which was the NRA. I wanted to get a sort of controversial organization on my topic, which was gun violence, to “spice up” my content, but since i failed to do so I had to look for an interview that had already happened. Luckily, it was a really good interview on YouTube with the CEO of the NRA as the interviewee. Nonetheless, this was an assignment I enjoyed for allowing me to look at different sources and draw a conclusion on a topic that I felt is extremely important to our society, although controversial.</span>

Mamadou Yaya Barry
    Participant

(MBarry) I like how instead of giving up for on your interview, since you wasn’t granted an interview with an organization, you went to YouTube  and found an recorded interview there, that just shows your dedication.  Other than that You should talk about how you cam up with this topic, what made you choose this topic…

Tom Peele
    Keymaster

Very nice start, Chris. Be sure to include examples to illustrate your claims. What happened, for example, in your peer review process. What changed as a result of it? You can use this strategy for all of the claims you make about your writing process.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.