Ahmed Ahmed Research Paper Reflection

Course Description Forums Reflection on Inquiry Based Research Essay Ahmed Ahmed Research Paper Reflection

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #350
    ahmed ahmed
    Participant

Finding a topic to discuss wasn't hard. Look around you, there are a lot of question to ask the
    society. Everyone ask for something different every day, maybe some agree on one thing but not all.
    There are few steps to follow in order to have an A paper (maybe). Step1: Choose an interesting
    general topic. Specify your specific concern or issue. Step 2: Do some preliminary research on your
    general topic. Decide what you want to know about the specific concern or issue. Step 3: Consider your
    audience. Step 4: Start asking questions. Step 5: Evaluate your question. Turn what you want to know
    and the specific concern into a question. Step 7: Check to make sure the question is not too broad or too
    narrow. Step 6: Begin your research. Using all those 7 steps will get you to write the first draft of your
    research paper.
    Me, personally, I have never done a research paper in my life before I attended this class, I have
    used online sources such as books, journal writes, academic articles, scholarly articles and different
    types of sources that I didn’t know a thing about before taking this class.
    Tone, genre, audience, rhetorical situation, language and analyzing all of them got to be kept in
    mind in order to complete a research paper the proper way.
    In my research paper I have used 8 sources, one of the sources was a non-profit organization,
    which I had to communicate with them through emails and phone calls. Honestly, that was the hardest
    part out of all. Getting someone to give you his/her time to support you with more information with no
    benefits is a great thing, putting the information I received form the non-profit organization was also a
    challenging part because, I have to include what they informed me, if I confused one part by another
    that will not be matching what they said and it would be false information.
    Using 8 sources to write an 8-10 research paper was easy and hard at the same time. Easy
    because you have gotten a lot of sources to get information from, and hard at the same time, because,
    you will have to find every detail in all 8 sources to support your claims and evidence.
    I found my topic really interesting, my question is “should marijuana be legalized?” Marijuana in
    2019 is a famous drug and in many states it’s legalized. Many people around my neighborhood smokes
    marijuana in public, maybe they smoke it for medical treatments or just for personal pleasure, both
    ways they are in a huge risk of getting arrested and face criminal court for smoking illegal substance. I
    volunteer in Mount Saini hospital in Queens and I have seen a patient that is in need of medical
    marijuana treatment and couldn’t get it. The patient has mentioned that he uses marijuana to cure his
    pain, “I smoke for the pain to go away” the patient said. Which showed a very strong prove to me that
    people are still smoking illegal substance to treat their pain, no only they putting them self in a criminal
    risk but also a medical risk of using a substance not knowing what the side effects of it are or it not being
    prescript for them.
    I have thought about the other states that have legalized marijuana already and thought that it
    should be legalized all over the United States, for everyone to use. Why make people face penalties for

curing their pain and personal pleasure if it’s not harming the environment. People are already smoking
    marijuana but it takes risk, a big risk.

#381
    Caitlin Geoghan
    Keymaster

I love the tone of this essay, but you should add a paragraph that identifies the audience for this reflection. It seems very familiar…like it’s for other students that might be writing their first research papers. Also, can you mention something about your drafting process, synthesis of information and peer-review. These are all required in the assignment. It would also be great if you included some more examples from your own text.

• You must be logged in to reply to this topic.